- You check on the schedule if the apartment is available for your chosen dates
- You book via the online form or by phone, dialing: +33(0)126.96.36.199.78.
- We e-mail you the rental agreement
- You return the completed contract, signed and accompanied by the installment payment
- We confirm your reservation
- The day you arrive, we welcome you to the apartment between 16h (4pm) and 19h (7pm) to show you around and hand you the keys provided you pay for the settlement of the balance of the rent and the security deposit as explained on the contract.
- During your stay we are at your disposal to answer your questions or your expectations
- The day of your departure, we check the overall condition of the apartment, and we give you back the security deposit, provided no damages has been found.
- Check out must happen no later than 10h (10am)
- Please leave us your rating and comments on :
Terms and conditions of sale
- This seasonal rental agreement is reserved exclusively
for the rental of City Break Gîtes de France accommodations
approved by the locally competent branch of the Federation
Nationale des Gites de France.
The Federation Nationale des Gites de France may in no case be
held liable for the use of these agreements by third parties or for
purposes other than touristic.
- Length of stay: The guest who signs the present
agreement. entered into for a fixed period of time, may in no case
invoke any right to remain in the premises at the end of the stay.
- Conclusion of the agreement: The reservation
becomes effective when the guest has sent to the proprietor a
deposit of 25% of the total price of the stay and a copy of the
signed agreement. before the date indicated on the back. A
second copy is to be kept by the renter.
The rental entered into between the parties to the present act may
in no case benefit third parties, even partially, whether natural
persons or corporate bodies, without the written consent of the
Any breach of the preceding paragraph may carry with it
immediate termination of the rental against the renter, with the
proceeds from the rental being acquired definitively by the
- No right of withdrawal: For reservations made by
mail. telephone or Internet, the renter does not have the right of
witthdrawal, pursuant to article L 12 1-20-4 of the Consumer Code
relating in particular to accommodation services provided at a
given date or according to a given frequency.
- Cancellation by the renter: Any cancellation must be
made by mail or faxed to the proprietor.
- cancellation before arrival:
the deposit is kept by the proprietor. The proprietor may demand
the balance of the amount of the stay if the cancellation occurs
less than 30 days before the scheduled date of occupancy.
If the renter does not arrive within 24 hours following the arrival
date indicated in the agreement, the present agreement becomes
null and void, and the proprietor may dispose of his
accommodations. The deposits is also kept by the proprietor, who
may demand payment of the balance of the rental.
- if the stay is cut short. the proprietor keeps the price of the
rental. No refund will be given.
- Cancellation by the proprietor: The proprietor
refunds to the renter all sums paid, and an indemnity at least
equal to what the renter would have paid if the renter had made
the cancellation at that date.
- Arrival: You must present yourself on the date
specified and at the time mentioned in the present agreement. In
the event of a late or postponed arrival, you must notify the
proprietor in advance.
- Payment of balance: The balance of the rent is paid
- Inventory of premises: An inventory is drawn up
jointly and signed by you and the proprietor or his representative
when you arrive at and depart from the rental. This inventory
constitutes the sole reference in the event of a dispute regarding
the condition of the premises.
The cleanliness of the lodgings when you arrive must be
indicated in the inventory of the premises. The vacationer is
responsible for cleaning the premises during the rental period and
before leaving. The amount of any cleaning charges is determined
based on the calculation indicated in the fact sheet.
- Security deposit: When the renter arrives, the
proprietor will ask for a security deposit, the amount of which is
indicated on the back of the present agreement. After the
inspection report is drawn up jointly at the time of departure, this
deposit is returned, minus the cost of restoring the premises to
their original condition if damage is found.
In the event of early departure (prior to the time mentioned in the
present agreement) preventing the inspection report from being
prepared on the same day that you leave, the security deposit is
returned by the proprietor within a maximum of one week.
- Use of premises: The renter must ensure the
peaceful nature of his occupancy and use the premises for their
- Capacity: The contract is established for a
maximum capacity of persons. If the number of renters exceeds
the capacity, the proprietor may refuse any additional persons.
Any change to or breach of the agreement will be considered to
be at the guest's initiative.
- Pets: The present contract specifies whether you
may or may not bring along a pet. If you do not comply with this
clause, the proprietor may refuse to accept your stay: In this case,
no refund will be given. When makin g the reservation. you are
required to indicate the number of animals that will be
accompanying you. The Description specifies any rate
supplements to be applied (pet rate, deposit supplement, cleaning
supplement). Specific conditions for pets may be indicated by the
proprietor in in-house rules posted in the accommodation:
- Insurance: You are liable for all damages caused by
you. You must be insured by a holiday-type insurance contract
for these various risks.
- Payment of charges: At the end of your stay, you
must pay to the proprietor any charges not included in the price.
Their amount is determined based on the calculation mentioned in
the Description, and documentation is provided by the proprietor.
- Disputes: Any complaint relating to the
inventory/inspection of the premises and the description for a
rental must be submitted to the Departmental or
Interdepartmental Branch of Gites de France within three days of
entry into the premises.
Any other complaint must be sent to it as quickly as possible. by
Fédération Nationale des Gîtes de France
56, Rue Saint Lazare 75009 Paris, France